Engagement Oatmeal Cookie Peach Cobbler


The true taste of summer comes in the form of Peach Cobbler. I decided to celebrate with fresh peaches from Porter, Oklahoma. This weekend I had a major move-a-thon to Wichita, Kansas. The place of my new job.

Saturday after the move, we had a cookout and I brought the Oatmeal Cookie Peach Cobbler for dessert. This is a light and healthy take on Traditional Peach Cobbler for a fresh summer treat! Little did I know I was getting ENGAGED!!! Tate (my wonderful fiance') had planned this all out. Both of the families came over for a summer cookout. We start opening house warming gifts and then the last gift was from Mr. Tate. I had no clue. Didn't even clue into why everyone had their cameras out.

I start pulling out the pink tissue paper and realize... there is nothing else in the bag! Just when I am thinking, did he forget to put a present in here? I turn around and Tate is down on one knee. Just like the movies I couldn't believe my eyes.

I probably started jumping up and down before he even proposed..

Tate looks up (never a man without something to say) and is absolutely speachless. With tears in his eyes, he manages to spit out ... Will... Will.... WILL YA?!

And I'm not a better example. All I could get out was REALLY?! In a really high pitched scream voice. We are talking dog piercing. Sorry family.

Afterwards, we popped the champagne, fired up the grill and had the best celebratory cookout I have ever had! It was a dream come true... to be there with all of my family to witness and that he proposed in the kitchen. This is the kitchen of the house he just bought, where we will spend most of our time when we are married.

I'm getting MARRIED!! Yay :)

Here is a picture of me and my new Fiance'!



Here is the full Recipe:
Topping:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Filling:
11 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 5 pounds)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Cooking spray

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. To prepare topping, place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Weigh or lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine 1 cup flour, oats, baking powder, and salt; stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until blended. Cover and chill while you make the filling.

3. To prepare filling, combine sliced peeled peaches, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and fresh lemon juice in a bowl; toss to coat. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Dollop 12 mounds of chilled dough over peach mixture at even intervals. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.

Serve A la Mode with fresh Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream!

Here are the pictures.


Don't those look yummy?



Pretty peaches with the sugar on top...

Try not to eat all the cookie dough before it bakes
The finished product! Ta-da!!!


2 comments:

Sarah Teel said...

This peach cobbler is SO good! And it was even sweeter with the engagement! Love you!

Get this party started… « Three Pink Dots… said...

[...] Everyone else thought it should have said, “She said REALLY?!” If you don’t know the story read the proposal post under Engagement Peach Cobbler. [...]

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity