Try not to stare... at my new cane chair...

My 'Before & After' chair is finally ready for it's debut. My mom and I found this little cane chair at a vintage store in Wichita, KS.


Here is the little diamond in the rough, and I mean rough. Don't worry I left the matching pillow at the store.



After we bought the chair, we needed fabric inspiration. Finally we found this lovely Nautica navy and white fabric. Mom, thanks for being the model.



Here is my good bye shot. The day I took her in to the upholster.





The wood was stained to a dark brown. Thanks again mom, you're a rockstar.





Ok - now for the unveiling. Drum roll please?! (That means you slap on your legs.....) Ta - da !!






That's all. Do you likey?


Have a good weekend!! Any fun plans?



 

6 comments:

Michelle Henderson said...

AHHH! I love it! That fabric is amazing!

Sarah Teel said...

Kiki-That chair looks A-Mazing! Great job! Love you!

Kinsey Michaels said...

it came out fabulous!!! I have always thought it would be fun to try a project like this!

laurenjohnson said...

Thanks Kinsey! You should try it, it's a very fun project! Love your travels by the way.

Lindsey said...

It looks great Lauren!! I might need a new chair project too.... :)

Like a bull in a china cabinet. | Three Pink Dots… said...

[...] remember the cane chair I recently re-upholstered? It sits in [...]

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity