Napkins & Spiders

Thinking of having a Halloween dinner? Here's a way to jazz up your place setting in 15 minutes. 

First make your napkins more fun. - You could do this for any holiday, just change colors. 
1. Buy plain black napkins. I got mine at Kohls, I think they were like $2.98 or something dirt cheap. 

(excuse the Halloween font, I had way too much coffee this morning.) 


2. Buy orange pom-pom ball trim. It takes about one-yard if you want to go all the way around the napkin. You could just do the bottom and the napkin would still be cute. 


3. Two ways to fold = you could place underneath your charger and let the napkin hang off...


4. Or, you could fold like this, and it's just asking for a cute menu card slipped in the pocket.


5. I also love to have takeaways for the guests, it leaves a fun memory of the event after they leave. I made these little spidey-boxes for a fun treat by everyones place setting. This was made by taking one of those cardboard boxes from Hobby Lobby, spraying it black, adding orange glitzy ribbon with hot glue, and a cute spidey pick cut and glued to the top. I think he was an ornament pick for a Halloween tree. 

I think he's fun, and his legs jiggle when you shake him. 


Are you having a halloween party? Tell me about your decor, I would love to see!

4 comments:

Anna (Minted Photography) said...

I really haven't done much of anything to decorate for Halloween this year. Your napkin is precious. Love it!

Anna
http://www.anewfoundtreasure.com

Laura Darling said...

This is too cute! I wish i was having a Halloween party so I could make these things!

Lauren Johnson said...

Thanks Anna, love your blog!! You've still got time... Like 5 more days to decorate!

Lauren Johnson said...

Thanks Laura!! Have a party for one, or two!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity