DIY: Shower Curtain Drapes & Mirror

Happy Friday loves. First of all, thank you for all the sweet comments on the baff-room. For any of you who want to explore a painting project this weekend... this color will change your lives. I went green. Literally. 

The color is Sherwin Williams - Talipot Palm  - In my next house, this green will go equestrian with brown and navy goodness. Right now, it has a Palm Beach dress on. Oh, and yes it's "green" which means I didn't kill myself in fumes painting this small bathroom because the paint was low VOC.  Not completely "No VOC" but... well I was doing better than my normal fume killing self. 
For the pelmet box, I used two Interior Design concept foam boards and taped them together like so. 
Then to stabilize added some wood. 
And covered in black fabric. 
Next, I wanted to add some ribbon... so I pinned my design on first. 
Here's how you do the corners... 
I wanted to attached with fabric glue. Note: THIS IS BAD. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES.
If you try and attach the ribbon with this, you will want to throw the whole thing away. It gets bumpy and ugly. You need to use iron-on tape. Now, attach to wall. 
 On to the DIY: I wanted two drapes for a shower curtain... because that's just more fun. So I bought a black and white striped shower curtain and cut in half!
 Once cut, I used my dining room table to lay this out.
To hem it... I used the fabric glue and ironed a fold to make it look "finished". This is where you can use the fabric glue, works great here. 
 Same with the liner, I just cut that sucker in half. What's in there Bo-Man?
 And lastly... I hate builders mirrors. Yes, I know hate is a strong word, and I'm using it. I would pull it off (and tried) if sheetrock wouldn't come with it. Anyway, my "fix" is to add a mirror frame on top, and make it new! So I took this one... and painted it gold!
 Ta-da! Whew, that's enough work today... no more on this bathroom, that's it! What do you all think?

10 comments:

Alissa said...

Holy cow! This I bet took a lot of time and soooo much talent! Love the results though!

Averi said...

I love this!!! You are SO talented!!

An Oklahoma Girl said...

It looks great!! I'm inspired to redo my shower curtains now! What did you use to attach the frame to the mirror?

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

You are so talented! It looks awesome!

Amelia said...

Great idea placing the smaller frame over the mirror - never would have thought of that, but I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is incredible! How did you attach the frame to the mirror? I live in an apartment and these types of mirrors are standard. This would really spruce it up (as long as I can find a non-permanent way to attach it).

Anonymous said...

This is incredible! How did you attach the frame to the mirror? I live in an apartment and these types of mirrors are standard. This would really spruce it up (as long as I can find a non-permanent way to attach it).

Lauren Johnson said...

Thanks Gals!! You guys are too cute. I attached the frame to the mirror with MUCHO amount of 3M tape mounting tape. Easy to remove when you are done!

Jax said...

Love love LOVE! You are so creative and talented, girl!

Unknown said...

Looks great! Love the idea of splitting the shower curtain...I may have to do this! Thanks :) Oh btw, love the rug under the dining table.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity