Click... click...

The day has come. I finally have a new toy that I have been wanting for a lonnnnng long time!

Momma's got a new camera.

My hubby, surprised me with the new addition to our family at sun-rise-o-clock in the morning (he just couldn't wait)... I couldn't figure out if I was dreaming or not but just decided to roll with it. This consisted of screaming and squealing and lots of jumping on the bed. At this point Bo, weighing in at only 95 lbs. now, decided to join in on the jumping which got serious real fast. Think of the game, "Egg in a Frame".

Anyway, this means many things. Not only will I have lots of time to practice for our family photos, but also the good ol' blog will have to take it up a notch or two. This could also mean:

  • Home Tour
  • More DIY projects
  • Client updates 
  • and maybe just maybe my first video vlog. 

Here's a snapshot of what's to come!



That is... if I can figure out more than how to turn this thing on. Anyone have a link to good Canon tutorials?

10 comments:

Laura @ The Steen Style said...

I got a fancy camera right before Christmas and would love how to really use it! If you find a good tutorial let me know!

Lauren said...

Congrats! I just got my Canon Rebel for Christmas and am still learning so much. I am actually taking a class this week (Thanks Groupon!) to learn more about settings and whatnot. Here are some sites I've found really helpful:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/category/tutorials/photography-tutorials

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhotographersOnUTube

http://www.youtube.com/user/vineimages


Good luck!

brandonandlindslitzner said...

oh, you will love it!! i have pinned several ones on my pinterest page, if that helps. although, with between chasing a toddler and everyday life, i have to admit that i'm still using the "automatic" feature. oops.

love your dress, by the way!

Bianca said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous, JEALOUS!!!

But in a good way ;)

Lauren Johnson said...

Wow - thanks Lauren! Check it out Laura, maybe we can learn something...

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

Congrats! I took an online class from A Little Sussy and loved it. I recommend it, it will teach you how to shoot manuel!

Lauren Johnson said...

Oh yeah - I will have to try this out! Thanks Danielle!

AbbyNormalTN said...

I own a Canon PowerShot S3 iS that I have had for over 4 years and just learned how to manipulate the white balance on it last week! How sad is that?!? Will try some of the links here in Comments and if you find any better options PLEASE let me know! :-)

Coffeetalk said...

I love how the picture of Bo looks like he's covering up his private parts. Haha -Tiffany

Diane said...

While this is not nearly as exciting as new baby news, new camera news does rank near the top! Congratulations, cutie!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity