Master Bedroom Reveal

Good Tuesday lovelies! Today is the day for the Master Bedroom Reveal. I am not completely done in here and some things will change... but this is "where we're at" right now. 
I wanted to do two large prints on the sides of our bed, and I wanted them to be abstract. Stay tuned a little later, you wont believe how much of a deal these are. They pull the room together in one artwork, the gray tones from the paint color, a slight strip of the tangerine in the marble, and gold to match the frame. The nightstands are actually desks from World Market. I liked the X on the door. 
Here's a close up of my nightstand. Two pictures from our wedding, and my fat baby Bo.
And, the brass Ellie I got from my family this Christmas.
On my nightstand I also have a brass antique bamboo tray that I use to hold some of my jewelry. The other stuff hangs out on the bar cart that also serves as my vanity right now. The blue and white bowl is from Anthropologie, and the vase is milk glass from an estate sale. 
This would be husband's night stand. 

His vintage "monopoly" car I call it. We found this in an antique mall in Kansas City. I love that this car sits next to our picture from the wedding in our getaway car.

And in his tray: His beloved Blackberry, a bow-tie, knotted pink and navy cufflinks, and a small mug thing he brought back from Germany.

In the artwork: As you will notice, mine is more pink. 
And his has more black and gray to it. 
We made this headboard out of a light tangerine velvet. One day I will show you the process. It wasn't pretty, but the project was completed, and we are still married. 
Thanks for joining me along the tour of the Master Bedroom. Stay tuned for details on the artwork.

20 comments:

Lauren said...

Nice job! I love it all :)

Unknown said...

Looks just fabulous. The exact right amount of girly vs. masculine! And of course I love the orange on the headboard. Go Pokes!!

xoxo, Emily
www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com

Sweet Simplicity said...

Love it! That orange headboard is amazing!

Hannah said...

Wow, this is fantastic! You have done and amazing job. Such talent!

Stephanie said...

I love it!!

Amelia said...

It looks amazing! I love the headboard, the artwork and the accessories on your nightstands. Oh, and the mirror above the bed is great too!

Megan said...

I hope you dotn mind, but I am going to pin all of this!!! I love the nightstands! I love how big and bulky they are!! This master is amazing!!!!!! I seriously don't think I have ever loved a master as much as this!!

Amy Jane said...

Looks great! I love the artwork above the nightstands!!

Amy Jane said...

Looks great! I love the artwork above the nightstands!!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

What a beautiful space! I just 'finished' my master bedroom as well. (are they ever really finished?!) :)

AboveUrban said...

Gorgeous! I'll will be coming back here often for design inspiration for my new house!

Diane said...

Absolutely stunning.....as expected!

Di

Laura @ The Steen Style said...

Love the headboard (go pokes!) and the lamps!!! Great job

Crazy Wonderful said...

LOVE your bedroom!!! Perfect mix of masculine and feminine!

Lauren Johnson said...

Thanks for all the comments!!! You all are just as sweet as pie...

Simple Snaps Halo said...

Omgosh Lauren, your bedroom is to-die-for!!!! And I love how you decorated it to fit both you and Tate. Awesome job lady!

Leanne said...

What a gorgeous room! Looks awesome and I especially like the artwork you've chosen - very unique!

I'm a new follower, found you through Megan at Honey We're Home :)

Sasha from "House Dressing Style" said...

I love this master bedroom! The artwork, the orange headboard . . . all of it!
X
Sasha

Unknown said...

Every detail is gorgeous! Where are your linens from? I love the embroidered pattern.

Lauren Johnson said...

Thanks Paloma! They are Leotine, JUST KIDDING ... I found this set at Dillard's Home last year. They don't carry it anymore. I bought the set but only use the two shams and the duvet.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity